Thread: fuel gauge woes
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 11:34 AM   #18 (permalink)
Modshack
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Sport
Modshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond reputeModshack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
going back to topic, it seems the pump's tip also clicks early/late depending on the aisyo with your car. my car only seems to like this one pump at a Mobil station. the other stations i cant get it to pump all the way to the top. ive tried slowing down the flow rate, etc. no change. this has been the way on my 6yr old G too. i can only top it to the brim at this one station.
You may want to be careful going past the click. Some cars will backflow fuel into the Charcoal emissions canister resulting in a CEL. This used to happen to my Daughter with her Mazda 3 until I retrained her. Not a problem since.

On the Fuel sender contacts, they look much like this. Since the "Full" contact us largely exposed to air, it can corrode and interupt the signal. Techron is effective at keeping these contacts scrubbed clean and all lights on the dash lit when full..

Steal my car! (SOLD)...Now Porsche Cayman S
Oil Cooler DIY: Here!
Modshack is offline   Reply With Quote