View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 09:01 AM   #13 (permalink)
Jeffblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z32TT & 335xi Coupe
Jeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
I would do a skyline also, but getting one in the states is almost impossible and then evening trying to get it registered, proper VIN, etc. is not going to happen.
I do know of a few, one of which is on eBay currently, but last I looked it was getting close to 30k for the car and it still had a couple of days left.
yea its just too risky, you could wind up paying an importer a load of money, then the car gets stuck at customs and crushed, and you are out the money. My friend has an R34, its legal somehow though, its registered and everything. he just finished his build a while ago, right now he's running about 500whp, but once he installs his new clutch he can turn the boost up and the car has made 800whp on the dyno before.

so the consensus seems to be, that the Z is not the best candidate for a tuner car?
Jeffblue is offline   Reply With Quote