View Single Post
Old 04-26-2009, 12:50 AM   #67 (permalink)
Minicobra1
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Tour, Spt, 6mt
Minicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond reputeMinicobra1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nismo Catback with Berk HFC's installed

I know a lot of you have been wondering what the Nismo Catback with Berk HFC's sounds like, well here you go

I can tell you that it has made a huge difference in sound (quality and volume)
The car still sounds pretty normal while cruising, (Zero Drone) but when taking off normally you can now here the exhaust note. And at WOT, wow!!
It's not super loud by any means, I think some people would still say that it's mild, I'd say that if it was between mild, medium, or loud(race) this would now be a medium, where with just the Nismo catback it was mild.

This is exactly the kind of tone and volume that I hoped for when I first installed the Nismo, but I was pretty disappointed. Now it has really come to life. IMO it should have sounded like this from the get go, but I guess Nismo engineers were forward thinking, knowing that a lot of people would probably install HFC's of some type and eventually end up with this result.

There is no question the car is breathing much better, the throttle response has improved and with out a doubt it it quicker.

Amplified Motorsports in Monterey Park did the install in about 2 hours, thanks Paul, Lou & Jet!!
Oh, they also installed my cross drilled/slotted rotors at the same time, so the cats didn't take up the whole time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apyxLW7DFDA
370z Tour| Spt Pack|Navi|BERK CBE|Berk HFC's| Eibach Springs| Hotchkis Sway Bars|SPC Camber Arms|15mm Ichiba Wheel Spacers| 19"Factory Nismo Wheels-Matt Black|Stop Tech Rotors|TWM Shifter|3M Tint|Black Fangs|Black Rear Valance|JDM Fog Light| MY BAND-www.myspace.com/petroleum

Last edited by Minicobra1; 04-26-2009 at 12:57 AM.
Minicobra1 is offline   Reply With Quote