View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 10:37 PM   #38 (permalink)
Lug
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2006 350Z
Lug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman1910 View Post
As someone already stated the G37 has consistently gotten better times with the 7AT. Don't forget the Bmw 335i that C&D reported is faster with the "slushbox". There are plenty of cars out there with the latest auto tranny's that are pulling better numbers than manuals. I'm tempted to think that you just haven't been keeping up. Hell even the IS-F is a traditional slushbox but shifts nearly as quick as dual clutch trannys.
BMW 335i Coupe

A coupe version of BMW's best-selling 3-Series, the E92 body style on which the 335i Coupe is based, was released in August 2006.
Fast Facts

1. Class: Mid-size luxury
2. Passengers: 5
3. Engine: Turbocharged 3.0 Liter I-6
4. Transmission: 6-speed manual, 6-speed automatic
5. Fuel Efficiency: 17/26
6. Power: 300 hp @ 5800 RPM
7. Torque: 300 (lb-ft) @ 1400 RPM
8. MSRP: $41,200
9. 0-60: 5.3 seconds (manual), 5.5 seconds (automatic)

BMW 335i Coupe - Mahalo

There was some bruhaha oave an automatic 335i that was overly fast but it turned out to be overboosted by .5 lbs. Don't remember the article. Th test is a lot more valid if they have both cars on the same day. The 370Z changes gears in 500 milliseconds. Not bad at all but a duel clutch can achieve 30 milliseconds or less. The biggest number that jumps out at me on this test is a 13.1 second quarter mile. That smokes a C5 vette, manual OR automatic. Unless Nissan is lieing about their HP numbers (which we know they aren't from dyno readings), they would have to have magic fairy dust to make up for less hp less torque and more weight. As I said earlier, one mag review (which I can't find now) did a back to back test on an auto vs manual and the manual was .2 sec faster. That would tend to agree with how 99% of testing has gone in the past. I see everyone here jumping on this one test and ignoring all others. That's just selective data gathering.