View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 03:12 PM   #69 (permalink)
Hi-Step'n370Z
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '10ZR S/B AT Tour NV
Hi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Motoring View Post
Yeah I would scan it to be safe, but it seems like it went in to limp mode. It makes it so you cannot rev it high, but 2500 should be enough to drive it around.
I agree. My 7 auto has done a little of this kind of thing, but only two or three times. During those times, I was doing something "not normal."

After the 2nd time, I wrote it off to the computer getting screwed up, by something I did that the computer did not like. It always corrected itself.

These computers are doing one hell of a huge job, and some weird little thing can cause things like AK described. I'll wager that it will never happen again, as long as you don't do something that the computer wasn't programmed to handle. And even if you do, chances are that it will repair itself quickly, just like AK's did.

The scan can not hurt, if it only gives peace of mind.

Conclusion, I don't think there is anything wrong with your Z, AK. in fact, sounds like your Z's doing just what it's supposed to do. First, save the car from damage, then 2nd, it repaired itself.
Hi-Step'n370Z is offline   Reply With Quote