View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 02:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
Kirkster
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Roadster of DOOM
Kirkster is just really niceKirkster is just really niceKirkster is just really niceKirkster is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
The 370Z is perfectly set up for street use from the factory. Oil temp is a non-issue unless you do track days or a lot of canyon runs. But the bottom line is on the street you really shouldn't be driving hard enough to run into oil temp issues. That's just unsafe.

And the only things you really need to for the track are brake pads and an oil cooler... that says a lot for how good this car is....

And FWIW, to qualify my poll response, I have not taken the Z to the track yet. But I've done the whole track thing with other cars.
I plan on eventually taking my roadster to summit point (anyone have rollbar info for the roadster). But I am very concerned about the oil temp.

I can push it to the 250s just on local back road twisties, of course the ambient temps in MD have been well over the 90s. I am worried about what tracking it will do when it is so easy to push it over the normal of 220ish.

Last edited by Kirkster; 07-18-2010 at 02:28 PM. Reason: grammer
Kirkster is offline   Reply With Quote