View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 10:39 AM   #69 (permalink)
JvKintheUSA
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 Shelby GT500
JvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond reputeJvKintheUSA has a reputation beyond repute

I had my car dynoed yesterday at Forged on the same dyno I dynoed it early June. Since the first dyno, I removed the R2C intake, put in the stock boxes, replaced filters with K&N drop ins (the HKS filters I ordered from AAM were on back-order and to this day AAM has not credited my $64 - shame on them! So I bought K&N) and got HFS post-MAF tubes. I also got a canned COBB tune for HFC and CBE. Temps were about the same; high 70s to low 80s, but higher humidity. Result: I lost almost 20 HP at about 5,400 RPM and about 10 at max RPM. In all honest - the car doesn't feel like I lost, rather with the COBB tune, I feel more torque, but that went down by 10 Ftlbs. With the COBB tune, the car has a better A/F ratio and fuel trim, so I don't think I can blame the tune for the loss. But I doubt that the R2Cs gave me an extra 20 HP, so I'm a little confused...car feels torqier, but numbers are down. I might throw the R2Cs back in and see what happens. I like the K&N Typhoons as well, so I might give those a shot, but waiting for some independent dyno results.

Last edited by JvKintheUSA; 07-18-2010 at 10:41 AM.
JvKintheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote