View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 01:55 AM   #82 (permalink)
djpathfinder
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2012 GT-R BE
djpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakes709 View Post
just do a search either on the forums or on google. Dont bother looking in your owners manual, thing doesnt tell you ****. Pretty much the same as my truck, basically says "if you need to do this, go to the dealership"
Yes, owner's manual will not have all the important information you need for DIY stuff, like torque values, however, the SERVICE MANUAL is what you need. Here's how to download your very own copy. There are a number of files as it is organized in different sections:
2009 370z Service Manual Complete ready to Download!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayYoon View Post
sounds impossible for a nub like me to do this...
I don't have much experience with automotive DIYs myself, but I have the inclination to learn. That's what forums like this one is for...lots of good information. I don't have all the tools either, but when I tackle various projects, I'll buy the tools I need, so now I have a growing collection. Believe me, this is not a hard DIY. The toughest part is learning to take the bumper off for the first time, then it's a piece of cake. Just read through the Stillen instructions and supplement with this DIY. AK has a DIY for the G3 as well, and there's another DIY for how to remove the front bumper, that you can cross-reference as well. Nothing beats the feeling of having done a mod yourself, and knowing that it was done right!

Last edited by djpathfinder; 07-18-2010 at 02:01 AM.
djpathfinder is offline   Reply With Quote