View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 04:02 PM   #16 (permalink)
batman_4
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 PW 370Z
batman_4 has a reputation beyond reputebatman_4 has a reputation beyond reputebatman_4 has a reputation beyond reputebatman_4 has a reputation beyond reputebatman_4 has a reputation beyond reputebatman_4 has a reputation beyond reputebatman_4 has a reputation beyond reputebatman_4 has a reputation beyond reputebatman_4 has a reputation beyond reputebatman_4 has a reputation beyond reputebatman_4 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AARC51 View Post
So I should never fully release the clutch when launching/shifting into first? But for all the other shifts I should fully release the clutch?
I put a hurtin' on the Guinness at the pub last night so my reading comprehension isn't 100% right now...
its just like accelerating at a normal light. when you accelerate and the car doesn't jolt back and forth you literally feathered the clutch. now do that but fast while launching the car and applying the adequate throttle needed until you "feel" the car hook then you release the clutch completely and apply throttle accordingly. for the other shifts i fully engage and disengage the clutch.....but as fast and smoothly as possible obviously.

'09 6spd. Touring: Eibach / SPC / Motordyne / Berk / Z1 / Oneighty / Mines / SSR / Stillen / CFE
batman_4 is offline   Reply With Quote