View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 08:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
ilive2win
Track Member

Drives: 11WWX
ilive2win will become famous soon enough
Default one bad day for a canyon run

so i read a post on here from HTT760 in the sd thread that there was going to be a canyon run a few days ago that the z32 guys were setting up. i'd thought it would be fun to take my 370z and fiance out on a canyon run since the z had been sitting in the garage. we met up with everyone this morning. we were the first ones there and to follow was a red gtr, 3 or 4 z32 guys another 370z and a pontiac. everyone was really nice and greeted each other. i then mounted my go pro but didnt turn it on. i didnt want to turn it on until we got into the canyon. then we headed out into towards the canyon. maybe 5 minutes into the canyon, "chris", a z32 driver takes a turn too hot, looses traction and rolled his z32 right in front of us. he wasnt going very fast, he just hit a patch of dirt it seemed like and lost it. i then quickly pulled over and ran to help him out but by the time i got to him he was already out of the car. he came out of the car with only scratches and was perfectly ok, just shaken up. the car is done but as long as chris is ok, thats all that matters and could have been a lot worse! jusrt want to say if any of you do any spiritual driving in mountains or canyons, please be carefull and please be safe about it! im not trying to preach but i would, along with your z friends would hate to here you died on a spirited run. so please be carefull out there. oh and chris rode along with another z32 driver to finish the run and had lunch with us. i think i wouldve gone home and cried! haha

i have a lot more pix but, ya know.

Last edited by ilive2win; 07-18-2010 at 11:46 AM.
ilive2win is offline   Reply With Quote