View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 12:51 PM   #31 (permalink)
Lug
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2006 350Z
Lug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellarmed View Post
0 TO 60 times are very subjective. Exactly how is that being measured right down to the .00 mph and .00 sec? The speedo? G-meter? GPS? Radar?
Personally... I don't believe any of these 0-60 times as being absolutely accurate.

The quarter mile oth..... If this test was done on a drag strip with NHRA sanctioned equipment, you can't just go saying "that's not right". The timing equipment on a legit track doesn't lie.
In this case the mph and et are right in line with each other so if this test was done on a legit dragstrip then it did it. Unless you think the testers are lieing.

One last thing.... this auto isn't a slushbox. A point that I think will be painfully proven to some who don't have one as time goes by.
As I said, I'm getting the auto. It's not a dual cluch which means it is a slushbox, abet a great one. You just can't alter physics because we wish we could. Show me one other car where a traditional auto takes the manual and I'll become a believer. These numbers say this car will beat a 350 hp vette that is lighter and has a LOT more torque, manual OR auto. Plus, no one else has been able to get this autop to run faster than the manual. It's a case of ignoring all the data but the data you like, sorry.