View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 11:30 AM   #28 (permalink)
wellarmed
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z
wellarmed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug View Post
The problem is that those numbers just don't add up to the weight and amount of HP/torque the car has, auto OR manual. 90% of the reviews are getting 4.9 to 5.0, only MotorTrend got a 4.7 and it beating cars that are lighter, have more HP and significantly more torque. The tranny can make a difference, but it's not going to change the laws of physics. I'd LOVE for the auto to be that quick becuase that's what I'll be getting, but those numbers just don't add up. Also, another article tested the auto side by side with the manual and it came up .2 sec slower (which is an amazing feat for a slushbox in any case). Traditionally. it's usually around .5 sec. As far as the G37, you can't really comare two different tests that are several months appart (if I remember correctly). You also can't just go with the reviews that agree with you.
0 TO 60 times are very subjective. Exactly how is that being measured right down to the .00 mph and .00 sec? The speedo? G-meter? GPS? Radar?
Personally... I don't believe any of these 0-60 times as being absolutely accurate.

The quarter mile oth..... If this test was done on a drag strip with NHRA sanctioned equipment, you can't just go saying "that's not right". The timing equipment on a legit track doesn't lie.
In this case the mph and et are right in line with each other so if this test was done on a legit dragstrip then it did it. Unless you think the testers are lieing.

One last thing.... this auto isn't a slushbox. A point that I think will be painfully proven to some who don't have one as time goes by.