View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 10:45 PM   #22 (permalink)
Caravanshaka
I shake Caravans

Drives: everyone crazy
Caravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caravanshaka View Post
did a test-fit last night. More to come after Josh responds to my concerns.
Ok guys, pics coming at the end of this post, but first an explanation of how it fit on the first test-fit:

First of all, I have not blended in the "ears" yet, I just left them bolted for now to be sure everything fit before I got into any of the finishing on the bumper.

Pulled my stock bumper and the injen washer fluid bottle (which will not fit with the Stillen bumper BTW), and put the Stillen on. I got one side at the headlights and fender snapped into place, and went to the other side to do the same. Once I snapped that side into place, the other side popped out. This happened 3 times, which leads me to believe that something just isn't fitting correctly. Basically, If I snap all of the clips on the drivers side, the middle section of the bumper where it meets the passenger side headlight will actually hit the headlight instead of sliding in.

At this point, I decided to put in a few of the body pins in just under the hood and try and do the same thing. I'm able to get the fender clips snapped in, but then there is a huge gap at the biggest bend right under the headlight.

I contacted Josh with this info, and he had Kyle tell me that there is a small post under the headlight that helps support the clips that hold the bumper in place there, and that you may have to trim the urethane around that post to get it to fit correctly.

I plan on doing another test fit tomorrow and determining if in fact that post is causing the issue, or if the bumper just isn't fitting correctly. I will update with findings when I have them.

Now, the pictures. Sorry they are dark, but I took them at 10pm

The first testicular guard, the "Cup," was used in Hockey in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took 100 years for men to realize that in order to work the penis, the brain must remain whole.
Caravanshaka is offline   Reply With Quote