View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 05:51 PM   #43 (permalink)
mrcardio
Base Member

Drives: 08 MS3
mrcardio is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmike2780 View Post
Why are you so defensive? I wasn't "flaunting" my heritage, just asking a question. Your the one who looks kind of "silly" for assuming anything about my background. I'd like to know how many American really know their history. I guess that doesn't make them American.

Stop saying lame. It's lame.
For one, I’m not being “defensive”, you're the one getting all bent out of shape and assuming I was speaking of "you" personally. When I say "flaunting" your Filipino pride, etc I'm not referring to you personally (I don’t know you) I’m referring to anybody who desires to claim a certain ethnicity without knowledge of their heritage, language, etc. I haven’t nor am I I currently speaking of anyone personally on this forum, if the shoe fits wear it. Getting all defensive just goes to show what I’ve said probably rings true. But as I’ve previous stated, who you are as an individual is influenced mostly by where you’ve spent most of your life. I would venture to say that most of you would be more accurately described as: American of Filipino (Asian) decent, just as many “white” folks like my self would be more accurately described as American of Irish / German (European) decent.

Last edited by mrcardio; 07-17-2010 at 04:08 PM.
mrcardio is offline   Reply With Quote