View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 06:54 AM   #34 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcardio View Post
Did I say ONLY Tagalog? No, I didn't. Tagalog and English (Yes English) just so happen to be the "official" and most wide spread language of the Philippines. So chances are if you're going to flaunt your "Filipino" heritage you'll at least know the national language, customs, culture, traditions, etc. The Philippines is an archipelago of over 7000 islands so of course there are different dialects’. Yes, one can chose to be “proud” of whatever he /she wants but choosing to represent a nation you know al most nothing is beyond lame. I say if you’re so proud to be “Filipino” learn the national language, culture and actually live there for a few years at the very least. If you feel the same way after that then by all means flaunt your “Filipino Pride”! Otherwise you just look kinda silly.
Why are you so defensive? I wasn't "flaunting" my heritage, just asking a question. Your the one who looks kind of "silly" for assuming anything about my background. I'd like to know how many American really know their history. I guess that doesn't make them American.

Stop saying lame. It's lame.

Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote