View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 06:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
rreign
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 03 Evo 8
rreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond reputerreign has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by david712370 View Post
Thanks alot.... I appreciate your input and it makes alot of sense. I just bought some 3 way components. For now, I'm going to run them with a 4 channel amp i had in my old car. The 3 ways say 150 watts rms and my amp can do 200w bridged so that will just have to work for now. I'm getting a kenwood ddx814 which has very good tuning capabilities so if I do decide to get rear speakers that should help.

As far as the subs go, at first i was thinking of eventually getting the 13w7 from JL and calling it a day. My other option was to get a t1500-1bd from rockford which is 1500watts @ 1 ohm and 1000w@2ohm. and was then going to get a T212d4 which handles 1000watts at a single 2 ohm load.... if this wasn't enough... which i'm sure it will satisfy but if i wanted to go overboard, i could add another and use the same amp, and just under power the two subs a little. Usually Rockfords have more power than they are rated at... from what i've seen these amps have at least 1700-1800 instead of the rated 1500. Do you think the two T2's could possible shatter any glass. I have read that people with two of the 15" T2's have reached about 134db.

Let's see, I think if I do the math, you probably have about 81 ft of cubic airspace inside the car. The airspace in the car isn't all that relevent but if you think about it in terms of the car being so small on the interior, it kind of works like it's own enclosure. Any more than 12's and you won't break glass directly from over all decibel output but you put a lot of pressure near the seals. If you hit around 150dB, you may be in some sh*t if those seals ever loosen up from sound or vibration. I have 2 MTX TR7510-22's with MTX 3 ways all around and I am hitting 127dB in my Mazda 6s. That's just 10's in a fiberglass enclosure. If you get the right sub/co-axial/amp(s) combo, you don't need all that much. So in all, you'll never come close to hitting that high of decibels!

Last edited by rreign; 04-25-2009 at 04:48 PM.
rreign is offline   Reply With Quote