View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 10:53 AM   #79 (permalink)
Totus44
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z Bk M6
Totus44 is on a distinguished road

An update for those with the excessive oil consumption issue. After Nissan replaced the short block (trying to get the photos that shows all the blow by past the seals) and going through yet another 1500 mi break-in period, I got the dreaded Service Engine Soon light. Took it into the dealer right away and they checked the code - valve timing issue. When they tried to reset the code the engine completely shut down and the techs could not restart the car....yes i was dumbfounded as well. First they wanted to replace the sensors....three days later i hear nothing. I told the service guy to go get one off a car in the lot and make sure that's the issue. well magically the parts arrive later that day and i'm told Nissan recommends replacing the long block now. I'm a little fed up as the original question I had was why not just replace the whole damn thing. So now i'm 12 days in a loaner, still a week away and in less than a year my car has been in the shop over a month and i'm going to have to go through a third nanny driving session.

Anybody have reasonable suggestions about going to nissan corporate and getting some relief? I'm beyond fustrated and i just want a car that works as it was intended.
Totus44 is offline   Reply With Quote