View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 09:47 PM   #36 (permalink)
Mergnthwirker
Base Member

Drives: '09 370Z PW MT6 S
Mergnthwirker will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey32g View Post
Hey guys, how many years do you think the 370 will be made before it's replaced? I just bought this RX8 because I had to have room for the kids. But in 5 1/2 years they'll all be driving, so then I can get a 370.

For the record, I love the RX8, so I won't be suffering too much while I wait.

Oh and please don't turn this into an RX8 vs 370Z thread. They're both awesome cars.
I had an RX-8 before I bought my Z. Really useful back seats, hard to believe. But I'm so happy not to have them in my Z. No more back seat drivers!!

I loved my RX-8 but had some serious issues with cold-starting in sub-zero weather. Nothing quite like the RX-8 on narrow winding roads. The Z feels like a beast in comparison. More like juggling a hammer. I sure do like the torque in the Z, but I do miss the wonderful light steering of my old RX-8. I do NOT miss the truly sucky gas mileage. Today I got 25mpg after a 3-hour drive averaging 75mph. Never saw more than 19mpg in the RX-8 and more usually it was 15mpg.

It was nice to have the RX-8 experience, but I'm currently having MUCH more fun with the Z. No regrets.

Going back to your original question, 5 years may be stretching it. I could see the Z hanging around long enough to get direct injection, maybe another displacement increase, and then gone... some hybrid thingy lurks in the future. Enjoy it while you can!
Mergnthwirker is offline   Reply With Quote