View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 09:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
Hi-Step'n370Z
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '10ZR S/B AT Tour NV
Hi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
Cool, I have one too. Its a useful tool to have around.

But why would your friend want to drive it if the oil was overfilled and wanted to take it out?
He didn't want to drive it, but figured that 5 minutes to the dealer to have the oil drained didn't seem to be a worry. Wasn't puffing smoke or anything that showed signs of a problem. I was a little worried that he might cause some harm to his cat converter, so out came the evacuator. That ended all worry. He probably would have been OK, but 3/4 of a quart of oil too much just doesn't seem to be a good thing. It's just a little Mazda 5 with a 4 banger, but too much oil is too much oil, period.

I think it's a good thing he checked it in the first place. Should have done it at the dealer, but I am not going to be too critical. Not here to bash the guy, just glad I could help him out.
Hi-Step'n370Z is offline   Reply With Quote