View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 06:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25
Default New Engine Noise post-Oil Cooler Install

Over the weekend, I had an uneventful install of a modified Modshack DIY oil cooler with the help of JB1. So far, things seem to be going very well. No leaks and the temps have dropped by about 20F.

One thing I've noticed is that there seems to be a new sound from the front of the car (noticeable only while in the car, can't really hear it from outside but then again, I don't have someone to help blip the gas). The sound is much like the transmission whine that you hear in 1st gear on the 6MT. It crescendos with throttle application and decrescendos as you release the throttle. My guess is that it's just the new sound of pressurized fluid flowing through the lines and cooler. My concern would be that it's a pissed off oil pump.

Thoughts? Anyone with similar sounds post-cooler install?