View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 01:01 PM   #14 (permalink)
Kyle@STILLEN
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: Toyota Tundra
Kyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond reputeKyle@STILLEN has a reputation beyond repute

Wretched- I'm sorry for not getting back to your PM's. I'll be completely honest that I'm really bad about PM's. Email and phone calls are usually the best way to get a hold of me, on most sites I actually turn PM's off. Unfortunately I don't always have enough time in the day to get to the PM's and if I don't do it immediately it's just too easy to forget.

The windshield washer bottles are in stock so please feel free to call in and we'll get one sent out for you right away!

In regards to the 3M tape not adhering properly I can pretty much guarantee that either the part or the panel was not properly prepped...We use the exact same 3M tape on our car and it is the same 3M tape used to hold on the Nissan 370Z logos and door trims that you see on vehicle's. It is very durable and strong stuff. In order to properly prep the panel you do need to sand the panel that you plan on sticking the tape to. You need to scuff it up enough to get rid of the shine and then apply the adhesion promoter packet which is essentially a liquid glue. It will help bond the tape to the scuffed paint.

To prep the urethane you must do the same thing. Scuff the surface to get rid of the shine. To scuff either surface simply use a scotch brite pad. It doesn't need to be sanded or anything and it doesn't take much work.

To the OP- I'm sorry that your ears aren't matching up perfectly. We have a jig that the guys use to drill the bolt holes and it's supposed to line up the part before the drilling. I'm concerned though that the guys might not be keeping the ears with the fascia after the drilling is completed and instead just putting the ears in one area and the fascia in another then grabbing one of each when an order comes in...I will have to look at how this procedure is being handled.

Thanks for the feedback and I look forward to seeing your final thoughts!
Kyle@STILLEN is offline   Reply With Quote