View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 01:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
CaptainSlow
Base Member

Drives: 02 VW Jetta
CaptainSlow is on a distinguished road

I got the Pioneer Z120BT (same as the X920BT but with a 7" screen) installed a few weeks ago and I'm very happy. There was one issue that I had with a loud, constant hissing but that went away after the installer used a different wiring harness. Overall, I'm very impressed with the unit.

You might need to get used to the scrolling because at times rather than scrolling it selects what I touched. I'm guessing it's because of the angle that the unit is at (i.e. it's easier to scroll on an iPhone than on this unit).

I have the Bose amp and speakers and after putting the head unit in the music is like night and day. I'm guessing it's because of the EQ adjustments.

Navigation, for me at least, works as expected. It doesn't have many streets in my area but that's probably because it's fairly new (2-3 years old).

One thing I've noticed is that sometimes it doesn't recognize the iPhone when I plug it in. That might be because of the iOS4 or the fact that my 3G is very slow now. I'm probably just going to get an iPod and just leave it in there. It's also a pain to open the cubby hole and look at the phone every time I get a text message.

Bluetooth works as expected and everyone I've talked to say they can hear me fine. The microphone is mounted to the left of the rear mirror.

If you have any questions about the unit let me know!
CaptainSlow is offline   Reply With Quote