View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 11:21 AM   #245 (permalink)
TheNose
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z
TheNose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoX Z View Post
Looks like yall had a bit of a rough time up at finger lakes. Looking at the course map it didn't seem to really suit the Z at all but any other feedback from that event?
I had an OK day on Sat (would have been a lot better if I hadn't coned away a .7 pick up). On Sunday I just made a ton of mistakes on every run. One day I'll be able to have two good days in a row. If I didn't choke on Sunday I could have had the last Trophy, but there was no way I was catching Collins (and given my skill level I wouldn't expect to). I did fairly well at Toledo last year, and I think Sam is setting the course again, so I'm optimistic that I'll have better luck this weekend.

The course didn't favor the Z, but it didn't penalize it either (well, maybe the 7 cone slalom on Sunday did). The only time the Z seems to get an advantage is when there are acceleration zones after slow sections, and there were no slow sections either day.

My only other feedback about the event is that I won't be camping again at an event. Lot's of rain Friday night, together with the chirping birds waking me up just past 5am on both days sort of set the stage for problems. </excuses>
TheNose is offline   Reply With Quote