View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 11:17 AM   #244 (permalink)
pgrmstr
Base Member

Drives: 09 BS 370z Sport 6MT
pgrmstr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoX Z View Post
Looks like yall had a bit of a rough time up at finger lakes. Looking at the course map it didn't seem to really suit the Z at all but any other feedback from that event?
Day 1 was just plain tight with a lot of thread the needle type stuff and I was driving terrible and my hands weren't fast enough sawing the wheel back and forth....or my mind was delayed, one of the two...or both

Day 2 was much improved course wise. Actually, they changed the course in two spots after initial walks and took away a great straight in the beginning that would have played very well for the Z....the other change didn't kill the second fast section but required you to be very tidy at the exit of the slalom leading into it in order to carry the speed through the offsets.

Having not been in the mix for the past couple years, I'm still trying to clear the cobwebs and learn to drive a car with HP, but I'm getting closer to figuring out the right way to "drive" this beast.

The results don't say much....Daddio is well...Daddio, and the only reason he wasn't further ahead of us on Day 2 was he wasn't driving his best admittedly, but he was in a well prep'd RX8 with big $ Motons and sticker Hoosiers on it....and us Z folks were running only a bigger front bar and approaching mid life Hoosiers on front and past mid life hoosiers on the rear

With a better opinion on my driving after Day 2 and pulling my head out my arss.....looking forward to a Pro next weekend on sticker tires
pgrmstr is offline   Reply With Quote