View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 08:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Matt
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 Avalanche LT
Matt is just really niceMatt is just really niceMatt is just really niceMatt is just really nice
Default More iPhone 4 issues....

So I got my iPhone late last week and promptly switched all my data off my 3GS and gave it to my fiance and I've been using the 4 since then.

- Yes, I have the "antennae" issue, where holding it in my left hand causes the signal to degrade, or in already-low-signal areas, drop completely. This isn't an issue during calls, as I hold the phone with my right hand, but it is an issue when I'm browsing the internet or texting, where in those situations I hold the phone with my left hand and perform functions with my right hand. Yes, it sucks, and I'm guessing I'll have to cave in and get a "bumper case". Like it needs to be any bulkier.

- The proximity sensor sucks. When the iPhone gets put up to your ear, the sensor will shut off the screen so that your ear, cheek, etc. doesn't hit any buttons. Well, on many iPhones, including mine, the proximity sensor is **** and turns your screen off and on intermittently while your cheek either puts the call on hold, mutes your mic, or hangs up on them. This has happened on almost every phone call I've made so far. I've done all the resets that some people report fix the issue, but no luck so far. It's definitely the worst problem of the phone.

- The keyboard is acting weird. I've had an iphone for a few years and I'm really good at using the keyboard, in both portrait and landscape mode. However, on this new iPhone 4, I'm hitting the wrong key all the time. It's almost like it's too sensitive. Double space puts a "." in, and 70% of the time I hit double space, it registers as a "space_n" instead. It's frustrating, but hopefully I'll get used to it.

The camera is great. The HD video is great. The screen display is fantastic. The speed of switching apps and whatnot is awesome. But after dealing with the above 3 issues for only a week, I'm ready to give this to my fiance and go back to my 3GS. We'll see what the first update to IOS4 gives us.

"Any man who can drive a 370z while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the Z the attention it deserves." Albert Einstein....modified.
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote