Thread: My build
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 08:16 PM   #39 (permalink)
CGMobile370Z
Base Member

Drives: 2009 Nissan 370Z
CGMobile370Z is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-370z View Post
Well first I would like to start out saying I hope you get good news from the shop today! Hope it does not cost to much to get it up and running.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HKS Camp2:
It plugs right into your OBD2 connection under the steering wheel. The cable goes from your OBD2 to the HKS Camp2 unit(Mine is currently in the glove box). This cable provides access to many stock sensors and readings. This same cable provides power for the Camp2 unit so no need for any addtional wiring. Now to get signal to a display is even easier. Just connect RCA cables that comes with the unit into the Camp2 box and then to a video/audio source. Turn on the car, and then change the display to that input and then BAM! You have data! (Make sure you calibrate and setup)

Super easy! Super Clean! Super Informative!

I am not a fan of having gauges in every corner and cubby hole of a clean dash. Sorry everyone has there own opp. but this is mine, not trying to hate on anyone's style.

If you want the a/f read out you need to get the HKS AFK amp(One of the best investments in my book). You can connect the Camp2 to this to get A/F data from. Not cheap but you know the name of the game at this point.

Boost is simple, just buy the boost sensor and be done with it. How ever the only other thing you will need to buy other then the Camp2 unit and sensors is the IF Unit. The IF unit is where all the sensors connect to. All sensors connect to this unit and than only one cable connects the IF unit and the Camp2 unit together.

****The only thing thats needed to get you started though is the HKS Camp2 unit. Everything else can be purchased as needed.

Here's whats needed for what you said you want:

HKS Camp 2 Unit: HKS USA CAMP2

HKS IF Unit and Sensors: HKS USA CAMP2 Optional IF Unit and Sensors

HKS AFK: HKS USA AFK

How accurate is the A/F ratio through the CAMP2 OBDII port? Is it necessary to buy the HKS AFK, that thing is really expensive.