View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 01:59 PM   #31 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkJon34 View Post
Ya, it's bad enough it's not real carbon fiber. I was looking at that carID kit, they really did think of every part and carbon it. I know it's a stick on, I just wonder how good it looks in person. Also I wanted to mention to you, have you seen the "curious models" interior Carbon Fiber pieces? They look really unique, like the interior door handle pieces. It costs $$$ though.
i saw the actual CarID kit and it's not impressive. between their kit and our 3M CF overlays, the 3M overlays win hands down.

first the carid one use wat they call 'real' carbon fiber but the weaves look like shitty steelwool strands and very small. the overall thickness is about 1.5mm so it's a huge HERE I PUT A STICKER ON TOP OF MY TRIM look. at least the EvoR and Fujimura's CF look very high quality and clean. the strands and color are perfect.

ive seen the curiuos models and i like the door handles and their gauge hats. but i dont foresee me spending that kind of money on CF bits when we know they dont do any more than just make the interior look nicer... so in that respect, i think the 3M sheets are by far best bang for buck and makes the most sense cause we're not trying to fake anything.