View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 04:22 PM   #213 (permalink)
Robert_Nash
Track Member

Drives: '14 Q60IPL/'14Armada
Robert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbonesteak View Post
Robert,

I think alan is trying to tell you that the principle is what matters at this point, not the fact that the car is faulty. Nissan forsaw the problem hence they installed parts not available to public on test cars to "hide" the problem. Like he said, if Nissan had addressed even on the manual stating that the oil can get hot under aggressive driving and to purchase an oil cooler, that wouldn't have been as bad. We all know we're getting a good deal on such a high performance car. All we want is some sort of a transparency from Nissan revealing the vehicle's tendency to overheat rather than completely bandaiding the problem where we find out anyways.
I just don't see it that way, at least not based on what I know now.

If the engine oil temp is a problem primarily or only for those tracking their car (or who drive the same way even when not on the track) then I don't see it as a problem although I do think Nissan needs to get some Nismo products out there for those who do want to track their car.

If there is a problem with people on the street under normal use/weather conditions then that's quite another story. However, based on what I've read and experienced and discussed with people, I am doubtful that this is going to be an issue for people away from the track.

I'm really not sure what you feel Nissan has done to bandaid the problem? I think it more a matter that Nissan doesn't think this is a poblem, at least not for other than those putting their cars on the track.

I guess we'll just have to see what happens....it gets pretty hot here in the summer time so if it's going to be a probem on the street I'm sure I'll experience it.