View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 07:59 AM   #151 (permalink)
MMC Racing
Track Member

Drives: 2015 GT-R
MMC Racing has a spectacular aura aboutMMC Racing has a spectacular aura aboutMMC Racing has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
The GTR is forever enticing but long-term review after review suggests that it's not driver-engaging. That would be a big upset for me. I like to feel in touch with the car and have the charisma of a manual transmission. Just going fast on a track isn't good enough unless I was actually wheel-wheel racing. Hell, if I was to get a 911 turbo, I'd still get a manual transmission. I'd rather go moderately fast and have a ton of fun doing it, then go really fast but just turn the wheel and push two pedals. Even driving the flappy paddles isn't as fun as rowing a 6MT.
Maybe you should look at long term reviews from actual owners? People go too deep into this auto versus manual debate and miss the exhilaration of taking a line around a bend that would put one of the competition in the grass. Maybe in an ideal world, you'd have a manual R35 to get everything you desire, but the reality is the majority of highly satisfied owners find other driving aspects overriding the lack of a clutch pedal.

Last edited by MMC Racing; 07-12-2010 at 08:31 AM.
MMC Racing is offline   Reply With Quote