View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 11:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
SoCal 370Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Answers
SoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSoCal 370Z has a reputation beyond repute

I think about a solution to this issue almost every other day. The density of the rubberized sprayed on undercoating is simply too thin by those who have tried this solution to date, and they have not sprayed enough to actual buildup the material. There are systems such as the Duplicolor undercoating where you actually use a compressor driven gun to spray on several mils of thickness. In my searching there was one person on a forum whom was obsessive about reducing noise, and he referenced that on a limited edition Mazda, Mazda used some sort of felt to line the fenders and it worked well. I have been searching for a material that can be easily applied along the felts lines.