View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 10:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
DannyGT
Track Member

Drives: 370Z (SOLD)
DannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond reputeDannyGT has a reputation beyond repute
Default Header-Downpipe gasket & Stillen CBE Allignment

This is two parts;

1. Apprently I didnt have gaskets for the Berk test pipes section to where they mate to the header, is this something I can pick up or even make my own using a gasket kit? I am getting such horrible rasp its crazy. I know the stock downpipe has a ring style attachment in the center so it does not use a gasket but is this triangle style gasket very unique or can I purchase this somewhere today!

2. I did the hose clamp trick to those rubber bushings to clear the brace but then I noticed the right side of the exhaust tip seems to be lower than the left (I am a freak about the little things and I expect perfection on an exhaust system like this) and in adjusting that part, the center section is now hitting the brace again and I really cannot adjust this anymore.

Now, is Stillen planning on at least replacing that middle section for those of us who have these issues? Because I really dont get it, there is 2-3 inchs of clearence above the exhaust that I cannot understand why they bent the piping right before the X to bring it lower. There is just so much room above the exhaust.

Anyway - I know I'm in a bad mood today. But I need to get these issues resolved. There is so much rasping, claking, and vibrating under the car that it makes me not want to drive the car.

P.S. I took it to a VERY VERY well known audi/vw shop that do all their work on my friends RS4 and this car is cake compared to the audi's so we did all the right things.

Last edited by DannyGT; 04-23-2009 at 10:53 AM.
DannyGT is offline   Reply With Quote