View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 07:50 AM   #55 (permalink)
semtex
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: People to drink
semtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond reputesemtex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMJane_Again View Post
Thanks for the external vids, Semtex! That second graph was about as linear as it gets for whp. Even though the headers aren't quite where you wanted them, what is your impression of your setup as it stands?

S.
I like it. I'd prefer the exhaust to be a little throatier sounding, but it's not bad as it is. It stays quiet until you step on it. I suspect that most people think this is actually a good thing, but I guess I'd just like a little louder all throughout the band. It was throatier sounding and louder in the low to mid range with the stock headers. I'm eager to get a dyno tune though. I suspect that as much gain as the car as made, there's still a good chunk of untapped potential. The UD pulley goes on next, then a tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
oH, yeah, how the heck did I miss that? It was hard to see the afr but it looks like its in the right area. Whats your opinion on the "piggy back" trimming? Too much of a hack job? Rather tune ecu itself im guessing? its understandable...the z is not some cheap honda I know. I know some people probably laughed or sneered when I mentioned that.
I'm not sure I'd call piggyback units a 'hack job'. I think it just depends on the quality of the unit. I do prefer ECU reflashes though. They just seem 'cleaner' to me, if that makes any sense. But ECU tuning is definitely not my area of expertise. In fact, looking at the AFR data, I noticed that the line slopes downward as rpm increases. Does that mean it's getting leaner as rpm climbs? Or richer?
semtex is offline   Reply With Quote