View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 11:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
imag
Enthusiast Member

Drives: up the wall
imag will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by david712370 View Post
Thank you I appreciate the reply... I am still open to alot of suggestions. I have bought the JL C5-650 components, if this makes any difference in your suggestion. I am still not sure of the amp now that I'm thinking of getting just front speakers. In any regard I will definitely power the speakers by an amp. At first I was thinking the Rockford t400-4, but recently I thought about going all JL which would put me at the 300/4v2. Do you consider those good amps that would allow for rear speakers. Also, I'd like to point out that these amps power about 60-75 watts rms, which is perfect for the components i bought but for the rears not so much since the most they'll handle is about 30watts rms since the speakers back there are 4". The other option I thought about was to ditch the 4" speakers and go with some 6.5" in the trunk with the sub. What are your thoughts? Thanks
Sorry - I'm not that up on modern components - it's something I'll be wading into myself in a few months - so I'm not the best person to answer those questions. I'll leave them to someone who's more current on JL's stuff.

Someone did say something about JL amps burning out, which did surprise me - they're pretty much the high end of consumer-grade audio. I was planning on going with Alpine amps and a JL sub, with either JL or Focal components, but I was going to wait on the back until I hear the front + sub. I could see that a 6x9 in the back could be useful for filling in midbass, but again, I'm not the best person for this.

Any current car stereo installers want to chime in?
imag is offline   Reply With Quote