View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 05:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
LinPark
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
LinPark has a reputation beyond reputeLinPark has a reputation beyond reputeLinPark has a reputation beyond reputeLinPark has a reputation beyond reputeLinPark has a reputation beyond reputeLinPark has a reputation beyond reputeLinPark has a reputation beyond reputeLinPark has a reputation beyond reputeLinPark has a reputation beyond reputeLinPark has a reputation beyond reputeLinPark has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to LinPark Send a message via Skype™ to LinPark
Default How to Modify the 70-7552 Connector?

I'm going to install an aftermarket HU and want to keep my steering wheel controls - I have the Metra Axxess and it requires that I tap into 2 of the factory harness wires and then ground another. The holes in the 70-7552 that match up to these 3 wires seem to be empty right now. So, my question is rather than tap into the factory harness wires could I buy some molex pins and then actually add the wires into the 70-7552 connector? Seems doable to me but I'm not sure which size molex pins to order and how easy/difficult it is to slam them into the plug. Anyone tried this and can provide advice or links to the hardware I need to get?

Thanks!
LinPark is offline   Reply With Quote