View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 08:33 AM   #40 (permalink)
Vegitto-kun
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z
Vegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond reputeVegitto-kun has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippin View Post
Follow the simple rule of buying cars. Sport car = manual. All other vehicles = automatic. One of my best friends made a mistake of buying a vette with an automatic. It drove him nutts for 6 months, he know he made a big mistake. Sure enough he traded in his auto for a manual vette after six months, lost a bunch of money and some pride. This question comes up more than what time of oil should i use. I wish the mods would just add a big sticker to the entry page of this site. 370Z is a sports car, so make sure it's a MT.
So...all the next lamborghinis wont be sportscars?

I personally find the whole MT=sportscar thing kinda stupid these days.

These arent slow sluggish gearboxes anymore. The only difference these days is that you cant stall(good thing) and that you don't move a stick around but use pedals on the steering wheel/tiptronicish stick(I actually don't know how they call that type of shifting these days).

I personally still prefer MT because of the whole going WOT slam the next gear. It feels awesome. but I then again prefer the downshifting with the AT. I know the syncro does the same but with the AT its so quick.

Especially whenever I get to drive the GT-R now THAT is a proper AT