View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 07:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
imag
Enthusiast Member

Drives: up the wall
imag will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by david712370 View Post
Currently I have two Kicker L7's being slightly underpowered in my Nissan Sentra Ser Spec V. I have bought a 370z and am pretty sure the two kickers will not fit, unless i put alot of work into a custom box, and remove my spare....which i'm hesitant to do. Also, I think it'll be too much power for the car. I was thinking of getting a Rockford T1500-1bd to try out the kickers, but ultimately I was thinking of just getting a T212d2 or possibly the T215d2. Do you guys think the T2 will hit as hard in the 370z as the kicker's did in my sentra since the car is smaller. Also, do you think there is anyway i can install either of these set ups with out taking the spare out.....I am thinking not.

On a side note, I have read that with good quality components rear speakers would actually make the system sound worse. Is there anyone that has put in the rear speakers and tried without and disagree? All comments are appreciated. Thanks
I'm not sure about the subs, although I do think it's worth bailing on the spare for a can of fix-a-flat (that's what I'm doing anyway).

The whole rear component thing is somewhat philosophical. Having front speakers only will provide better imaging - a more detailed sense of the instruments being in the right place - if you have the right speakers. If lean toward that line of thinking, rear speakers will just muck up the image.

However, if you want to fill the car with sound, rear speakers can help. You just need to make sure they're correctly delayed with respect to the fronts, and of course you need more money. Generally, you're better off putting more money into the fronts, but there's an area of diminishing returns, so if you've got lots of money, it can be worth doing the rears.

To some extent it depends on the music you listen to. If it's classical or jazz, I'd stay away from rears. If it's hip hop or techno, I'd go with rears if you've got the cash for good amps, etc.... Rock or country - I'd say it depends...

I dunno - anyone else want to correct the above?
imag is offline   Reply With Quote