View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 01:26 PM   #51 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug View Post
Valve Body upgrade. Typically consists better solinoids that allow for faster shifts. One of the big reasons for this is when the auto shifts close readline, if you add a bunch of power, you can bang on the rev limiter, causing a performance loss and the fact that faster shifts are supposedly better for a transmission, all other things being equal.
Ohhhh..... duh

I don't think he needs that either. The 7AT shifts very fast as it is, and has full lock up in each gear. I highly doubt you're going to be able to get the line pressure up much faster.

As to hitting redline, tune the fuel cut a few 100 RPM's higher and shift a wee bit earlier -- he'll probably have to do that anyway even if he can get the line pressure up a little faster.

Honestly, I wouldn't even mess with any of the major trans parts like valve body or torque converter given that our trans is a very different beast than your typical slushbox.

I think just a bigger ATF cooler will be fine. Heat is the major killer, so that is really all that needs to be controlled.

Last edited by Jordo!; 07-08-2010 at 01:29 PM.