View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 10:04 AM   #57 (permalink)
DarkPath
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 40th Anniversary M6
DarkPath will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmike2780 View Post
I honestly don't understand the tint laws in NY. 75% seems rather arbitrary. I agree too dark a tint (less than 25%) poses dangers to officers, but aren't we allowed some form of privacy. Tints darker than 75% are allowed for rear side windows for SUV's and Minivans in NY but not cars? Makes no sense. I've seen crackdowns on tints over the years and have yet to find any significant study on how tinted windows endanger the public, other than hearsay. If tinted windows are so dangerous, why do public official vehicles seem to have blacked windows on most of their cars. Why are they entitled to privacy and not the rest of us. In my previous car, the office just told me to pay the fine and hope I didn't get pulled over again. Seems like they just use it to make some money or to pile on the tickets like the OP.

Just my .02 cents.

Dip-lomatic Immunity man.... Dip-lomatic Immunity The Rich, Famous, and Impotent get treated differently than those of us who merely bank-roll this country. Say it with me one tine... Corruption...