View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 05:17 PM   #28 (permalink)
510z
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370z Blue M6
510z will become famous soon enough510z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticreaver View Post
this is what i got when i talked with my law professor, police can't search your car for no reason, when they ask you to open the trunk or back seat, you can actually say 'no, i do not wish to open it.' he tells me cops will usually say that they have the right to search your car for xxx reason(s), which is BS unless they have probable cause, meaning if they saw some very suspicious from the outside looking in. at this point, if they keep asking you to open the trunk, or back seat, you must reply with "no, i do not have you consent to search my car." and don't keep talking to the cops, they are good with words and don't lie to them at all, they'll find out if you lied.

you can then ask to speak to his watch commander and if the cop says some BS like getting a warrant right now, respond with "i'll wait" since it takes days to actually get a judge to sign a warranty.

for the watch commander part, he is the person who's *** is on the line if the police officiers on his watch is being a douche. professor told me that when you file a formal complaint, it's actually the watch commander's *** on line for those complaint(s). so to speak to the watch commander and complain, most likely, if you know the law and you haven't broken it, let can let the watch commander know that you are going to file a formal complaint regarding this incident and that you'll need to have his ID (also make sure to get the police officer's ID as well). you'll most likely walk away after this.
yes, you can just say no. if they had PC they wouldnt be asking you anyway. and I can tell you right now that a search warrant can be written and signed within an hour. they have judges on call for that.
510z is offline   Reply With Quote