Thread: My build
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 09:05 PM   #24 (permalink)
toner123
Track Member

Drives: TT 370z Touring/SP
toner123 has a spectacular aura abouttoner123 has a spectacular aura abouttoner123 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to toner123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo! View Post
When you say it's working do you mean it's reading normal voltage (whatever is specified in the repair manual)?

If voltage isn't going up when you open the throttle then even if the sensor is good, the connector going to the sensor may be bad. Could just be dirty -- might want to disconnect and spray down with electrical cleaner.

The high corrections mean something is amiss with the tune if the sensor is working properly. For example, if you changed the inejctors, the new tune needs to refelct that or even the idlw will be wildly off.

If the location of the sensor changed, the whole airflow curve may need to be recalibrated -- another tuning issue...
Alright let me explain more. Yes out of no where now the sensor is reading what it should. I got the voltage all the way up to 4000 rpm and compared it to what the service manual said it should. Before this I removed all intercooler piping and checked for any restrictions and none were there. Reinstalled everything and the bank 2 maf sensor was still acting goofy. Well yesterday I started the car for a budy who wanted to hear it and see what it was doing and poof all of a sudden it was working like it should. As for the a/f correction, I know the tune is right because other times the a/f correction was at 100 which is perfect and it stayed that way through out the rpm band. I then shut the car off then restart and all of a sudden my a/f correction is at 125. I checked for vacuum leaks with some starter fluid and some light sprays and no change in rpm. I know for a fact there isn't any vacuum leaks. Everytime you start the car it acts different. So thats why at this point I am going to stop messing with it and send it some where to get looked at and to make sure its safe. I don't want my car to be a paper weight since I can't afford to replace a engine due to me being stubern. Personally i am not happy about sending it to a shop since i did all that work and to have a car running weird to show for it. It kind of gives me a sense that i have failed and thats not me. LIke I said though thats my pride messing with me and I had to step back and think what would be the smart decission. I have learned a ton from this process and that was the first time I have attempted something like that ever. I know the issue with my car is something stupid and they are going to find it right away and fix it. Honestly I think I will be fine with that since all I want to do is drive my car again and enjoy it with the remaining summer days we have left. Thanks for your inputs and if you know of something stupid that can cause all this let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
^ Thats why I asked...unless there's a restriction in the actual piping?
Like I said bro i removed and checked everything. I also made sure the turbo was turning. I have video of the driver side and passanger side turbo spinning if anyone cares to see let me know. =)

Thanks for everything.
PS, i didn't make this thread to try and get help with why my car is acting goofy but just to let everyone know my experiance with this kit so far and with the installation, but any advice is always welcomed and i thank the ones that are giving it to me.
toner123 is offline   Reply With Quote