View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 06:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Georgia-Peach
Base Member

Drives: 370z Roadster 5/10
Georgia-Peach is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin@Z1 View Post
Georgia Peach,
It will take a few drive cycles to make the CEL to go out. I would get a second opinion on the Service Engine Soon Light. Just for giggles, run it over to an AutoZone or Advance Auto Parts and have them pull the codes on it. Its a free service, and will only take a few minutes.

Personally, I have had issues with dealerships. If you could, post up the trouble code and see if we can give you a hand on resolving this.

BTW, what part of Georgia are you in? We are based just west of Atlanta out I-20.
Well, the last time this happened, it was on a Tuesday and took it to the dealer on Friday and had been driving to and from work everyday, so I figured I gave it enough time to turn off and this time, it happened this past Friday and today is Wednesday and the light is still on.....

This is what the ticket said that they gave me.... "Code P0456 current in ECM for very small EVAP leak. Performed EVAP test and found fuel cap not secured properly. Tightened fuel cap and performed test two more times and passed both times".

I don't understand the part about the fuel cap not secured properly....I swear it was! And I want them to show me how else I'm supposed to secure the darn thing!

And I have always taken my vehicles to have them serviced where I bought them; never had an issue....but I'm just not getting good vibes lately....

We're in Warner Robins, GA; about 90 miles South of Atlanta..... My husband got stationed here in 1999 and when he retired in 2007, we just stayed..... Love it here except right now; it's HOT! LOL
Georgia-Peach is offline   Reply With Quote