View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 02:48 PM   #89 (permalink)
yzhang12
Base Member

Drives: -
yzhang12 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinhead View Post
You probably got hit by the same people that stole mine. Happened about 2-3 weeks ago to me. Insurance estimate was 7500, got 7000 after deductible. Bought Advan RS-D wheels with the right offsets so they fit perfectly without having to "mod". Also got the Bridgestone RE-11s which are supposed to be a step up from the stock Bridgestones. Oh, and I saved about 1300 on the wheels, and about 100 on the tires vs the insurance estimates. Most of that went to an alarm system. Got the viper 5901 with tilt sensor, glass shatter sensor, backup alarm and battery. I went to Safe n Sound in Manassas, they were the only ones I could find with virtually all good reviews. They charge an arm and a leg though =/.

Oh, one thing to be aware of if you go with aftermarket wheels, is that with mine for example, the pressure sensors don't fit (Liquid_g has the same wheels and said his sensors broke off inside the wheel after he put them in), so you might have to drive around with no sensors. Which isn't a big deal, you'll just have to be responsible about checking your tire pressure, and deal with the yellow light on your dash.
who was your source for the wheels? and what offsets? Do you have any pics? The advans do look nice.

You could probably cut the wire for the yellow dash without affecting the other warning lights.
yzhang12 is offline   Reply With Quote