Thread: Miles so far
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 09:50 AM   #190 (permalink)
Nismo_370z
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nismo 370Z BS M6
Nismo_370z is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKindaGuy View Post
Picked up a 1999 Pontiac Grand Am that had a complete engine rebuild. The body is fine. Did a complete inspection and rundown and everything runs perfect.

I was driving the 370Z to Cincinnati from Columbus Monday through Friday for the past month which is 1200 miles per week. That is how I put the 4000+ miles on the 370Z my first month of ownership. My previous car was a 2008 Shelby Mustang GT and I put 57,000+ miles on it the first year. I just didn't want this to happen to this new Z car.

I found the beater through the Craigslist...The previous owner permanently lost his drivers license and desparately needed the cash to pay off the fines he was slammed with. He had just overhauled the engine prior to his getting in trouble. He removed the stock quad-4 and dropped in a 6-pack because the quad-4 had a history of known problems. I just happened to take a gander at the Craigslist before I was going off to buy a Honda Del Sol for $3500. The Pontiac wasn't listed more than 20 minutes earlier by the previous owner.

I prayed hard for finding a realiable beater and I received the answer I needed. Goes to show you prayer works. I have put 1200 miles in the beater this past week and so far everything is still working perfect. And the average gas mileage is 27 MPG. So I am just so

If you ever see my ex fiance in Worthington. OH please run her over for me. I will buy you a new exhaust.
Nismo_370z is offline   Reply With Quote