View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 06:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
djpathfinder
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2012 GT-R BE
djpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond repute

Just some feedback after almost 2 weeks of use: I'm still noticing temps during bouts of moderately aggressive acceleration on the street going no higher than 92 degrees C.

Yesterday I also went to the track for the first time. The temps during and just after the runs (aggressive and repetitive revs to redline) were pretty much staying at 110 degrees on average. During the last 2 laps of my last run, the temps peaked at 116 degrees C. I'm pretty sure that without the oil cooler, the temps would have been about 20 degrees higher (based on the difference I've seen on the street...16-18 degree difference), which would bring it pretty damn close to limp mode (approx. 140 degrees)...so I'm glad I had the cooler installed. Happy so far.