View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 04:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
dudafunk
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370z Base Red AT
dudafunk is on a distinguished road
Default 4 tickets - please advise.

Okay so I turned 25, it was the long 4th of July weekend and my friend had a date who got dolled out to me just after he heard from his girlfriend that she was flying down to NY to spend the weekend with him as a surprise. Typical story, people with 370z's whoplease don't taunt at me :-) I know this is a free speech forum yada yada but please don't reply with more than this:

Anyway, I got pulled over on the LIE, Nassau County NY. He said he got me at 97 but gave me an 80 on a 55. He also gave me a following too close ticket.

I will be getting hold of an attorney though I know I was speeding... all that is fine and I will pay whats needed.

BUT - I also got two tickets for tints - one for sides and one for the non-existent "REAR SIDES" on the Z. He measured the sides with the device and it said 72. When I got my tints, I clearly told the shop to give me LEGALS. I guess (and now after Googling it around), the Z already has some factory tint by default so even a "legal" tint on top actually makes it illegal in NY. I am honestly not guilty about this. Specially for the REAR SIDE - there's nothing there really (and neither did the officer have a way of MEASURING IT). The tint shop clearly said it is legal, of course they didn't want to tell me that there might be factory tint already, now that I researched the issue.

So... is there some factory tint already on the Z? Like I said, the device read 72 with a "legal" tint + whatevers on there from before.
dudafunk is offline   Reply With Quote