View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 02:21 PM   #67 (permalink)
nolan1016
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370z A6
nolan1016 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmike2780 View Post
i wouldn't mind getting stuff for free, nobody would. I can honestly appreciate my car more because I worked for it and paid with my own money. Different families have different values and there is nothing wrong with giving your son or daughter a gift. But if you want them to succeed in life and become a truly good down to earth person, lessons hold more value. To earn something is up to individual interpretation, so it's up to you to decide. Never let anyone tell you otherwise. It doesn't matter if it's getting good grades or working 3 jobs. We've all come to expect anyone who's parents earn a lot for a living to have kids of the Paris Hilton variety. Those who are just plain dumb useless members of society and don't "earn" anything. Not everyone with affluent parents are like that. Just loose the attitude and appreciate what you have.
I agree its all up to personal interpretation, I have friends who drive beaters that there parents bought them and have their tuiton payed for and they skip class every single day and bomb courses. Tuiton and living is 20k a year so I don't understand it, I think that is a perfect example of being spoiled over getting a nice car, when you can slack when someone is picking up a 20k a year bill for you.

For some reason in society it is wrong for a kid to get a nice gift from their parents but ok for a kid to take 80k in college tuiton, party their *** off, graduate with a 2.0 and call it a day. There is way less back lash and I dont know why

Last edited by nolan1016; 07-06-2010 at 02:25 PM.