View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 01:48 PM   #49 (permalink)
nolan1016
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370z A6
nolan1016 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmonty View Post
Ok to some of you who think you bought a Lambo, you didn't. You bought a Nissan. Is it a nice looking car? Of course and arguably its nicer looking than a Porsche, but still keep your ego in check. If you got friends who arn't talking to you because of a car, they were never your friends. But hell when you hang out with kids, you need to expect them to be kids. I ain't a helluva lot older than the OP so I know what he kinda means, but I don't go out of my way to hang out with 19 year olds anymore.

And Nolan, I don't care how much money your father makes. My father made good money, but when I was 17 he wouldn't even drop $3K on a car. Not because he couldn't afford it, not because he didn't love me, but because he wanted to instill a certain thing called 'work ethic' and for me to know whats its like to earn something nice with some work. And I bought a pretty nice car.

Now can I sit here and honestly say if he bought me a $40k sports car would I be any different? No, I can't. Am I saying you lack work ethic or whatever? No. But as a friendly word of advice, don't come into this forum saying how much your father makes or how he bought you a shiney new Z. Because now I couldn't give a crap, others on the other hand might. Sorry for the long post guys
Ok just for a final clarification I was in no way bragging about how much my father makes, and I actually have no idea what the exact figure is.

The whole point of that post was to say, who is someone to try and say how someone else should spend their money? I never really got the whole idea of if someone makes good money and wants to buy their kid a nice gift that its wrong. Then what is to much? 20,000 is a ton of money. Is that to much? What about 7,000? Its all personal preference and relative to the situation.