View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 12:40 PM   #64 (permalink)
teej
Base Member

Drives: 09/PG/6MT/Sport
teej is on a distinguished road
Default This happened to me too - damn valet!

I took my wife out for our anniversary to L2O in downtown Chicago (which is a Lettuce Entertain You restaurant and just about the most expensive place I have ever been). I had the car valeted and when we pulled out, I had this same problem. Something was seriously wrong with the car! I drove 1/2 a block and then I turned around and went back to the restaurant. I told the valet that something was wrong and he agreed and said he thought so as well. He also said that he had a hard time finding reverse when retrieving the car (which must have caused the problem). He didn't really offer me any solutions, so I went back inside and spoke with the manager. The manager came outside, inspected the car, and told me, because there is no physical damage to the car, he didn't see how the valet could have caused any damage. He took NO responsibility for the car and told me it must be a manufacrurer's defect. I was shocked. At this point, it was about 2 AM and we had been arguing for 30 minutes. I was about to call a tow (and I should have called the cops), since if they did screw it up, I wanted it taken directly to a dealer. I decided to try to drive it around the block, just to confirm the issue - no problem.

I'm happy that this wasn't something serious. However, the moral of this story is don't valet your Z and don't eat at any Lettuce Entertain You restaurants. I can't believe how they treated us.
teej is offline   Reply With Quote