View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 12:39 PM   #76 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25

Quote:
Originally Posted by craniac24 View Post
Amazing how far 5 bucks will get me!

Ok...so when I took the car to the body shop, the owner took a look at it and said, "Oh...this is NOT going to be a $500 job. You're going to want to file a claim." He pointed out the fact that there was a secondary ripple about 5 inches to the right on the main dent. He also mentioned that because this particular paint is almost impossible to get an exact match with, that they'd have to blend the paint into the adjacent panels. After all was said and done, he "guestimated" that it would be a $1500 job!!! Needless to say, I was a little surprised, and I was very curious to see what the insurance adjuster would have to say about that. To be honest, I was doubtful that the insurance company would agree to pay that much.

So...imagine my surprise when I check my voicemail and I listen to a message from the insurance adjuster. "Hi...this is so-and-so from Progressive. I went down to the shop to inspect the damage, and the final estimate for the repair came to...

$2165

So...it looks like one of our earliest guesses was the best guess! Congrats Sibze. Let me know where I can send the five spot and I'll ship it right over. I really can't believe it myself....I'm still shocked. If i was paying this out of pocket I would be 100% convinced that I was getting severely ripped off. But as long as my insurance company is willing to pay it, then no skin off my back I suppose!

So this means that repainting my hood and front fascia will be a chore and likely won't match the rest of the car? PG can't be that tough to color match...