View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 12:25 PM   #27 (permalink)
Hugoneus
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370z T+S+N 6MT
Hugoneus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI View Post
Oh hell...

I would have been able to afford a fully-equipped 370Z at 19 had I not been busy pouring money into my old project car. Instead I waited until I turned 21 to buy a brand new Evo X. Now I'm paying for a brand new base 370Z as well @ 22. Does that mean I'm one of your 3 propositions above? Or does it mean I make more money than you'd care to believe a 22 year old can make?

I've had two sets of friends during my professional career. People who are like myself - technical people, have families, make really good money, and then my car friends - younger, may or may not have families, don't make **** for money for the most part. Among these groups there have always been two different attitudes - the first group is impressed by default, the second is jealous... mostly jealous in denial. Would I rather be around software engineers or car people, though? Eh, that's a tough call.

Just my $0.02
So you don't belong to the category "Working to save enough money to buy this car standing on your own two feet?"

I don't care how much money you make, but you make enough to afford this car on your own, no?

I would be much more impressed if someone at 22 makes enough money on his/her own to afford a Ford Focus than a 22 year old driving a Ferrari his daddy bought him.